Saturday, March 6, 2021

Methods to Reading

 Entry 38

Research and Reflection

Topic: Ways to Read 

There are several different ways to read, it depends on what and why you are reading. If you are reading because you enjoy it, you will probably read it front to back, every single word written in the book- but this is just one way of reading. There is a different way of reading depending on what you are reading and why you are reading it, your purpose matters in how you choose to read. 

Other methods to reading:

1.  Pillaging, this includes "stealing" tips and tricks in order to use them in a practical way, people use this method when reading books that teach new methods. 

2. Skimming, I think everyone is familiar with this term. I use this when reading long articles to find what I am looking for then I read it in depth, or I use this when rereading something to further understand (and find what I am looking). 

3. Stretch, reading texts that are a bit out of your range but forcing yourself to try to get through it. This is mostly used when trying to advance your reading abilities.

4. Rerun, this just means you are reading your favorite(s) book(s) over again. Your purpose for this is for pleasure. 

5. Failed reading, you did not complete the reading. When you read too much, you are allowed to give up on books and reading- sometimes you may circle back to it and finish reading it, until then it is considered to be a "failed" reading. 

Link: 7-different-ways-to-read

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finals thoughts

 Entry 67: Topic: Thoughts     I am slowly but surely, running out of things to talk about in my blog. As time has been progressing I keep f...