Friday, March 5, 2021

Peer Review

 Entry 37:

Reflection

Topic: Peer Review

    A peer review is designed to assess the quality, validity, and originality of articles before its publication. The main goal of peer review is to maintain the integrity of science by filtering out any invalid and poor quality articles.
    Peer reviews check the authors writing to make sure that everything is good before it gets published, these are meant to be helpful so that the article makes sense to any readers and are entirely credible sources for others to use. 
    I have done peer reviews in other classes but the most recent peer reviews I have done in other college classes were in my creative writing classes and it was for workshop, we more so offered critiques so that their poems and stories were good so that for our writing portfolio, everything sounded good. 
    The peer reviews in this class are a bit more work and we have less partners but more to read, also the work is more in depth whereas in my creative writing class we were writing things that did not require research and were meant to be fun to read or write. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finals thoughts

 Entry 67: Topic: Thoughts     I am slowly but surely, running out of things to talk about in my blog. As time has been progressing I keep f...