Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Revising

 Entry 40

Research/Reflection

Topic: Revision

"Revising is more than correcting"

There are different steps in revising your work: rewriting, adding, deleting, reevaluating thoughts, revising. 

    What may be helpful when you are rewriting may be to have several friends read your work and critique it. Personally, my friends are very strict, they do not beat around the bush, they all tell it like it is. Also, have a peer or professor read it- they may know a bit more considering they studied or are studying the class with you, they may be a bit better at giving useful feedback because they know exactly what to look for. However, friends provide fresh eyes and can also give their opinions on the argument. Also, reread and edit the work daily. I had a professor say that writing can always be improved, sometimes it takes years to finally finish and be happy with the outcome. Writing is a never ending process, something can always be tweaked to make it better- go back daily or weekly. 

    When I was reading over my work and incorporating my work for project 2, I started on a blank sheet, an empty page- to clear my thoughts, reevaluate. Then I read over my work, copied and pasted and then rewrote and incorporated the feedback to the best of my abilities. I rewrote almost all of my work on the blank page, there was also a lot that I kept and added on or deleted entirely. I realized I did not even know where my train of thoughts were in the rough draft or what I planned on really saying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finals thoughts

 Entry 67: Topic: Thoughts     I am slowly but surely, running out of things to talk about in my blog. As time has been progressing I keep f...