Friday, January 22, 2021

Reading Reflections

 Entry 4:

Reflection practices

Topic: Have you used assigned readings in your other classes?

    Personally, if I read something I like, I will continue to bring it up in other conversations. If the reading stimulates my mind enough then I will talk about it with so many people. I have used assigned readings from my sociology, crime and justice, interior design (last semester), and a couple other classes to spark conversations with family, friends or even other people in my classes. Articles are definitely a lot easier to use as they are normally short and easy, however other forms are also easy to mention. 

    I have used topics from other classes to start doing further research and build on a discussion we held in that classroom as a research paper. I have asked people I know their opinions and almost conducted surveys because the reading sparked my interest in other peoples reactions to what I read. Readings definitely help to put things into perspective and go further into research. They also can spark ideas on things to mention, bring light to issues we did not even know existed. 

    The answer to the topic? Yes, readings can be used to connect ideas from other classes or be used in everyday life. Readings can help the reader(s) understand their own life troubles, other peoples struggles or just understand society. -I formulated almost this entire entry off a reading I did in another class to connect the ideas in order to answer the question asked. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Finals thoughts

 Entry 67: Topic: Thoughts     I am slowly but surely, running out of things to talk about in my blog. As time has been progressing I keep f...