Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Quote from week 11 reading

 Entry 50

Research / Reflections

Topic: Quote from "Multimodal Projects" from Kettering College Writing Center

"Never read your slides to an audience-- they can read!"
    At my high school one thing that the teachers hated was when people would read word for word off of the board while they were presenting. The teachers always said it seemed like they threw the presentation together in a day and just wrote a bunch of stuff on there- complaining when students look at the board their voices start to struggle to project. A lot of teachers preferred note cards, and only looking at the board when demonstrating a picture to show what they are saying. 
    Teachers hated when students seemed to show a lack of knowledge on their subject to where they cannot even give a presentation and not take their eyes off of the slide because they struggle to remember. For me, I either struggled with this or would do good. I get nervous when publicly speaking so I would forget what I was trying to say. Some things, most things, sound much smarter in my head. By the time the spotlight is on me, I forget what I was going to say and then I need to rely on the presentation but if I were to talk one on one I could give the best presentation. So I guess I could argue on teachers disliking it because a lot of students have social anxiety and struggle to speak in front of groups. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finals thoughts

 Entry 67: Topic: Thoughts     I am slowly but surely, running out of things to talk about in my blog. As time has been progressing I keep f...